Important information to members on the up-coming California Workforce Connection District Director Elections!
We hope that this message finds you, your families, and members safe and healthy!
Since we will not be able to have our usual annual individual caucus meetings due to the lack of in person meetings, at our State Educational Conference, we need to establish a new method this year to select our four District Directors.
If you are not sure which District you might belong to, here is a breakdown of the districts and the local chapters:
- District 1 Sacramento, Joaquin, and Fresno
- District 2 East Bay and Silicon Valley
- District 3 Cabrillo Del Rio, Los Angeles, Los Compadres, Los Tres Condados and San Gabriel Valley
- District 4 Inland Empire, Orange Empire and Puerto del Sol
Nominations will be accepted now through Saturday, May 9, 2021. If anyone wishes to run for any of the District Director positions, please submit your name to the Immediate Past President James Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org so that your name will be placed on the ballot.
- We will start District elections on Saturday, May 15, 2021via Survey Monkey for member convenience.
- Balloting will be conducted starting May 15, 2021 at 9AM and will close on May 22, 2021 at 9PM.
- The new elected District Directors will be announced at the State Educational Conference/Convention via Webinar on June 12, 2021.
Members should look for their District Directors emails about these elections. To make sure you get proper notifications please make sure that we have your personal home email. If you’re not sure, please send your home email address to Val Moeller at: email@example.com.
During these times we are experiencing matters, both personally as well as professionally, that we never thought we would have to in our lifetime. We appreciate members interest and participation in these elections.
Be assured that we will make it through the storm more united and even stronger.
CWC Board of Directors