Meritorious Award recognizes outstanding service or achievement beyond normal expectations or job requirements that benefit CWC and the workforce development field. Nominees demonstrated individual initiative and creativity outside of their job responsibilities.
- 2021 Awardee is Verletta “Val” Moeller, Cabrillo Del Rio
Customer Service Award recognizes exceptional service to customers served throughout the workforce system including, but not limited to work with job seekers, UI claimants, businesses, schools, and vocational rehabilitation, people with disabilities, former felons, co-workers, youths, welfare recipients, and job training participants.
2021 Individual Awardees are:
- Disability Insurance Branch Awardee is Kelly Anderson, Sacramento Chapter
- Unemployment Insurance Branch awardee is Aldilene Hernandez, Inland Empire Chapter
- Workforce Services Branch awardee is Dominique Grenmalm, Cabrillo Del Rio Chapter
Group Awardees are:
- Disability Insurance Branch Awardee is DI Field Operations Division: Julie Dingle, Mateo Manegdeg, Hoi-Ki Tsui, Larry Walton, Erica Pena, Yolanda Kennedy & Kamrynn Smith (Orange Empire Chapter)
- Information Technology Branch Awardee is the Technology Team :Mahendra Malliwal, Dan Wheat, Llicena Eliott, Kathleen Twomey, Jeff Mullen, Nancy Celeste, Hun Le, Steven Yee & Jay Cui (Sacramento Chapter)
- Tax Branch Award ee is the FACD Operations & Strategic Planning Group: Mindy Walker, Patrick Boles, Scott Barbu, David Cornwell, Taunya McCarter, Tiffany Ogundario, Michelle Segoviano, Gabriel Silva & Chris Tsao (Sacramento Chapter)
- Unemployment Insurance Branch Awardee is Buena Park Appeals Group: Eva Gutierrez, Hu Le, Josine Cabanting, Shei Wei Lee, Sandra Lua, Vivian Portillo, Claudia Rutherford, Anna Saude, Jacqueline Sims, Carmen Tassi, Jennifer Team, Joannie Wang, & Chong Ying Xiang (Orange Empire Chapter)
Services to Veterans Award recognizes those who have done the most to assist veterans and promote interest in their rights in the workplace. In addition, it recognizes an outstanding, innovative program or awareness and promotion of veterans’ interests and rights in the workforce.
- 2021 Awardee is Selina Lee, San Gabriel Valley
Retiree Award recognizes a retiree who has shown continued outstanding commitment to the association’s objectives following retirement. Nominees should have demonstrated exceptional accomplishments in advancing CWC objectives, e.g. leadership on a board, committee or initiative group (not restricted to CWC, participation in educational, membership, communication, fund-raising or legislative activities; mentoring chapter leaders and/ or participation that advances the member’s local community.
- 2021 Individual Awardee is Raymond Cabrera, Inland Empire Chapter
Employee Performance Awards recognizes an individual or group who has gone above and beyond their assigned duties to provide outstanding service to the public through excellent performance. The Nominee must have demonstrated exceptional achievements that contributed to the smooth performance of operations through positive attitude, accuracy, representing the agency with the public, handling workload under unusual conditions, adaptability, initiative and dependability.
2021 Individual Awardees are:
- Disability Insurance Branch Awardee is Melissa Lauritzen, Sacramento Chapter
- Unemployment Insurance Branch Awardee is Chris McGann, Inland Empire Chapter
- Workforce Services Branch is Jacqueline Gomez, Los Angeles Chapter
- Workforce Services Branch is Dinah White, Los Angeles Chapter
- Workforce Services Branch is Alexis Carter, Los Angeles Chapter Branch
2021 Group Awardees are:
- Disability Insurance Branch Awardee is Sacramento DI Training Team: Barbra Ramirez, Melissa Lauritzen, Cheryl Tucker, Shannon Brown, Miriam Gonzalez, Michael Cottle, Kelly Anderson, Luigi Bertini & Alec Poe (Sacramento Chapter)
- Disability Insurance Branch Awardee is DIR/DAS Interagency Volunteer Group: Cristen Harrington, Ellen Soakai, Susan Babirye, Carlos Medrano, Oluchi Iwuoha, Puniloa Chavira, Jennifer Vargas, Ranai Brown, Adria Galbreath-Baker, Rhiannon Rodgers, Joe Expiritu, Kao Saetern, Carrie Stanonis, Adriana Salmoran & Amelia Meza (Los Angeles Chapter)
- Unemployment Insurance Branch Awardee is Inglewood Onboarding Team: Loranda Cutrer, Abel Monreal, Irene Preciado, Fredrick Warren, Linda Phu, Nadia Moreno, Chris McGann, Helen Estella, Mia Gist, Sharonda Grimmit, Jing Morse, Annette Herrera, Janet Alexander, Charles Freeman, Faraz Aqil, Shanetta Johnson, La Tresa Kidd, Francisco Huerta, Francisco Lindaya, Pam Norris, Marita Osorio, Francisco Capitulo, Ceneal Croxton, Rene Almaraz, Pleshette Burrell, Rina Carr, Luis Chavez, Eliza Euwing, Mark Fang, Doreen Goldsmith, Dionisio Ople, Tracie Pons, Lisa Shaw, Maria Shintani, Delores Vargas, Vahe, Yeghianyan and Kim Ward (Los Angeles Chapter)
Unemployment Insurance/ Information Technology Fusion Award
- Elizabeth Boam, Sacramento Chapter was awardee for this category.
Unemployment Insurance/ Workforce Services Fusion Award
- Helen Cabrera, Los Angeles Chapter was awardee for this category.
Fostering Partnerships Award recognizes individuals or groups who have demonstrated diligent efforts to partner with EDD and or the CWC; while collaboratively delivering valuable and innovative services to meet the evolving needs of members, employers, workers, and job seekers.
2021 Group Awardees are:
- SELACO AJCCChange Makers Team: Evangelina Arroyo, Echo Lau, Stacey Girdner, and Corina Coronel (nominated by Cabrillo Del Rio Chapter)
The Toll Trust Award was established to present an annual award to a California member whose activities or accomplishments contribute most to the advancement of CWC activities and are exclusive of job performance. Nominees must be members during the prior year and at the time the award is presented. Accomplishments may span a period before the calendar year, but must be continuous into the previous calendar year.
2021 Individual Awardee is:
- Arlene Bautista, East Bay Chapter
- Sacramento Chapter
Overall Chapter Award
- 2021 Overall Best Chapter – Orange Empire, Abraham Saucedo, President
Local Chapter Activities Awards
- 2021 Small Chapter Award – Cabrillo Del Rio, Erika Manzanares, President
- 2021 Medium Chapter – Los Angeles, Dinah White, President
- 2021 Large Chapter – Orange Empire, Abraham Saucedo. President
- Best Newsletter – Orange Empire’s Orange Peel
- Best Overall Flyer: Sacramento Chapter
Local Chapter Flyer of the Month Awards
- July – Los Angeles Chapter
- August – Orange Empire
- September – Orange Empire
- October – Inland Empire
- November – San Gabriel Valley Chapter
- December – Sacramento Chapter
Most Improved Chapter:
- Sacramento Chapter, Tanya Davidson, President
- Honorable Mention – Los Angeles, Dinah White, President