The Executive Office Manager/Cal-Liope Editor salary: $325 (monthly)
- I) Editing, and electronic distribution of the Organization’s newsletter, Cal-Liope.
1. Provides the Finance Committee the estimated costs for publishing the Cal-Liope. The contracted service will provide the cost for the new fiscal year.
2. Establishes the deadline for receipt of materials for each issue: e.g., articles, new items, reports, publicity, pictures, etc.
3. Receives news or updates from CWC officers, committee chairpersons, Local Chapter presidents and other sources for distribution.
4. Included in the Cal-Liope:
a. Notices, events, trainings, CWC Conventions, and Educational Conferences.
b. Reports of meetings of the CWC Board of Directors.
c. Local Chapter activities or events.
d. Awards programs and contests.
e. Notice of any change in the amount of the annual dues.
f. Information about candidates for CWC offices.
5. Will send an alert to the EDD Directorates office that the Cal-Liope is available online for all EDD employees distribution.
- II) Maintains the Executive Office for the CWC by teleworking from home. Equipment and supplies provided by CWC. Maintains a digital/or original records, files and archives of all CWC correspondence.
1. Receives and files reports presented to the CWC Board of Directors or membership in Convention by CWC officers and committees, Local Chapters, the Karl E. Bybee Education Foundation Board, etc.
2. Receives the files, equipment, records and supplies of any special committees whose terms expire and disposes of them as directed by the CWC Board of Directors.
3. The list process may involve several back and forth returns until the list information is verified.
4. When the validation process is completed, the Membership Coordinator will send the validated lists to the Executive Office Manager for submission to EDD.
5. Send billing letters to the Controller’s Office once the information is verified.
6. Will maintain communications via email, video conferencing, texting or by phone with the CWC President, Executive Board, and the Board of Directors.
- III) Notifies the Secretary of State, at the beginning of the Administrative Year, of the name and address of the new President, Treasurer and Executive Office Manager. Such notification is required by law. The address of the CWC’s principal office is not changed when new officers take office. New office address: XXXX XXXXX, CA Zip code.
- IV) Billing Process for EDD.
1. The Membership Coordinator by July 15 will send two alphabetical membership lists, one for Rank & File and one for Exempt, that need to be submitted to EDD. These lists need to be submitted to EDD within five days of receipt from the Membership Coordinator for the validation of membership.
2. When the lists are returned by EDD, these lists need to be sent to the Membership Coordinator within five days of receipt.
Qualification for the position:
1. Knowledge of Photoshop and other computer software platforms such as Adobe to create, edit, and update documents for Cal-Liope use.
2. Work history for the last two years to include skills in Word, Excel, WordPress, etc.
3. Permit a background check.
4. Prefer a person with an AA degree.
5. Be able to maintain a working relationship with the Marketing Chair Team.
6. Provide two samples of written materials with resume.
How to apply:
Please respond with your resume and written examples by close of business July 08, 2023, to: Dr. James Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Val Moeller at: email@example.com