Award of Distinction
Recognizes outstanding contributions to CWC or to workforce development programs. The recipient(s) must be from the private sector or a non-governmental, non-profit organization and not employed by a workforce development entity.
- 2023 Individual Awardee: Ali Sahabi, Optimum Seismic
- 2023 Group Awardee: West LA Employer Advisory Council
Recognizes outstanding service or achievement beyond normal expectations or job requirements that benefit CWC and the workforce development field. Nominees demonstrated individual initiative and creativity outside of their job responsibilities.
- 2023 Individual Awardee: Rebecca Eusey
- 2023 Group No Nominees
Customer Service Award:
Recognizes exceptional service to customers served throughout the workforce system including, but not limited to work with job seekers, UI claimants, businesses, schools, and vocational rehabilitation, people with disabilities, former felons, co-workers, youths, welfare recipients, and job training participants.
- 2023 Disability Insurance Individual Awardee: Hoi-Ki “Rosa” Tsui
- Santa Ana DI Fraud Detection Group
- 2023 Unemployment Insurance Individual Awardee: Donald Barnes
- 2023 Unemployment Insurance Group Awardees: #017 Appeals Management Team
- 2023 Workforce Services Individual Awardee(s) Tie: Maria Cannon and Porscha Singh
- 2023 Workforce Services Group Awardees: Garden Grove AJCC
Services to Veterans Award:
Recognizes those who have done the most to assist veterans and promote interest in their rights in the workplace. In addition, it recognizes an outstanding, innovative program or awareness and promotion of veterans’ interests and rights in the workforce.
- 2023 Individual Awardee: George Haith
Recognizes a retiree who has shown continued outstanding commitment to the association’s objectives following retirement. Nominees should have demonstrated exceptional accomplishments in advancing CWC objectives, e.g. leadership on a board, committee or initiative group (not restricted to CWC, participation in educational, membership, communication, fund-raising or legislative activities; mentoring chapter leaders and/ or participation that advances the member’s local community.
- 2023 Individual Awardee: Sharon Lawrence
Employee Performance Awards:
Recognizes an individual or group who has gone above and beyond their assigned duties to provide outstanding service to the public through excellent performance. The Nominee must have demonstrated exceptional achievements that contributed to the smooth performance of operations through positive attitude, accuracy, representing the agency with the public, handling workload under unusual conditions, adaptability, initiative and dependability.
- 2023 Disability Insurance Individual Awardee: Gloria Cabral
- 2023 Unemployment Individual Awardee: Chieu-Anh Nguyen, #019
- 2023 Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Group Awardees : #040 DE4365FF Pilot Program Team
- 2023 Workforce Services Individual Awardee: Rhonda Wooten-Savino
- 2023 Workforce Service Group Awardees: #042 Garden Grove Management Team
Fostering Partnerships Award:
Recognizes individuals or groups who have demonstrated diligent efforts to partner with EDD and or the CWC; while collaboratively delivering valuable and innovative services to meet the evolving needs of members, employers, workers, and job seekers.
- 2023 Individual Nominees: Henry Cabrera
- 2023 Group No Nominees:
The Toll Trust Award was established to present an annual award to a California member whose activities or accomplishments contribute most to the advancement of CWC activities and are exclusive of job performance. Nominees must be members during the prior year and at the time the award is presented. Accomplishments may span a period before the calendar year, but must be continuous into the previous calendar year.
- 2023 Awardee: Dinah White, Los Angeles Chapter
Inspiration Flame Award
2023 Local Chapter Award Winners
2023 Flyer of the Year: San Gabriel Valley: “Turn Stress into Success” – February 17, 2023
2023 Local Chapter Flyer of the Month Awards
- January – Inland Empire: CWC Conference Cruise Flyer – January 22, 2022
- February – San Gabriel Valley: “Turn Stress into Success” – February 17, 2023
- March – Orange Empire: “How to Prepare Your Statement of Qualifications” – March 9, 2022
- April – Silicon Valley: “Savings Plus Luncheon and Election Meeting” – April 23, 2022
- May – Orange Empire: “Executive Board Zoom Meeting” – May 16, 2022
- June – Los Tres Condados: “Leadership Is An Action – June 11, 2022
- July – Los Angeles: “Youth Process Application Process” – July 29, 2022
- August – Los Angeles : “Chapter Officers Zoom Training” – August 6, 2022
- September – San Gabriel Valley: “Leadership Is An Action” – September 28, 2022
- October – Silicon Valley: “Bybee Presentation Panel” – October 15, 2022
- November – Silicon Valley Chapter: “ Veterans Day Parade” – November 11, 2022
- December – Silicon Valley: “Holiday Luncheon Awards Event” – December 3, 2022