The CALIFORNIA WORKFORCE CONNECTION (CWC) is committed to promoting and protecting the privacy rights of individuals. It is the policy of the CWC to limit the collection and safeguard the privacy of personal information collected or maintained by the CWC.
The CWC follows these principles in collecting and managing personal information:
- We collect personal information on individuals only as allowed by law. We limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose of the CWC. For example, we may need to know someone’s address, telephone number and email, among other things, to properly identify the person’s membership status. Personal information, as defined in the Information Practices Act, is information that identifies or describes an individual including, but not limited to, name, Social Security number, home address, home telephone and employment status with a state agency.
- We collect e-mail addresses to fulfill Subscription Requests. We use an individual’s email address to send them subscription materials, e.g. newsletters; they have elected to receive via Mailchimp. They may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time. We will not give or sell email addresses to third parties.
- We do not collect home, business, or account information from persons who simply browse our website. The CWC only collects personal information about individuals through our website if an individual provides such information to the CWC voluntarily.
- We collect some information automatically when you visit our website. The information that the CWC automatically collects includes the domain name or Internet Protocol address that relates to the machine used to access the CWC’S website, the type of browser and operating system used, the date and time when the website is visited and web pages displayed.
- We use Google Analytics to help improve our website. The CWC uses Google Analytics to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved. For your convenience a link to Google’s security and privacy policies is provided. You can choose not to have your data used by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on.
- We use session cookies on our website. Whenever someone visits our website, a small piece of information called a cookie can be sent to their computer. The main purpose of a cookie is to identify and customize webpages for them. For example, cookies are used by some sites to greet you personally, to post a list of a training, event, or other service to purchase, to remember what you had in your shopping basket the last time you visited. We may place and later retrieve cookies that identify you and your computer to our website. Cookies do not contain personal or confidential information about you and will only be used to monitor activity on our website.
- We strive in each instance to tell people who provide personal information to the CWC the purpose for which the information is collected. At the time of collection, we also strive to tell persons who are asked to provide personal information about the general uses that we may make of that information.
- We only use or disclose personal information for the specified purposes, or purposes consistent with those purposes, unless we get the consent of the subject of the information, or unless required by law or regulation or through a valid request from law enforcement.
- We use information security safeguards. We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information collected or maintained by the CWC against loss, unauthorized access, and illegal use or disclosure. The CWC uses encryption to protect the security of individuals’ personal information during transmission of such information through the CWC’s Website. Such personal information is stored by the CWC in secure locations. The CWC’s staff is trained on procedures for the management of personal information, including limitations on the release of information. Access to personal information is limited to those members of the CWC’s staff whose work requires such access.
For E-Updates information, we collect e-mail addresses to fulfill subscription requests. We use an individual’s email address to send them subscription materials (e.g. newsletters) that they have elected to receive via Mailchimp. They may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time. We will not give or sell these email addresses to third parties.
Protecting Your Privacy
You can help protect your private information. Be sure to update your browser and operating system regularly.
Links to other websites